We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Safety Coordinator to join our friendly and hardworking team at MQG.
Reporting to the CEO and working as part of the leadership team you will be responsible for the on-going development of a safety-first culture, one that encourages all employees to take responsibility for safety. While based at our Nyora site, you will be working across both our Nyora and Lang Lang Quarries.
- Work with a dynamic company in the mining/quarry industry
- Positive and collaborative team environment
- Safety First Culture
Your key responsibilities
Responsible for all aspects of safety including; inductions, SWMS management, incident investigation and reporting, safety toolbox talks, preparation of Safety reporting, driving KPIs to improve behaviours. You will be supported and mentored by a highly qualified and experienced quarry management team. Tasks include:
- Ensure sites and their activities are complying with our safety management system.
- Drive a culture of Safety First by supporting and guiding the business, with a leading by example approach.
- Produce monthly safety report for board review.
- Work with colleagues to develop and implement a safety first approach.
- Review OH&S documentation and collaborate with employees to improve the standard, write new OH&S procedures as and when required.
- Train and manage employees to complete risk assessments.
- Deliver Safety instructions and training as required.
- Coordinate competency assessments as required.
- Maintain training records.
- Maintain First Aid facilities across the Company, including purchasing, in line with company policies.
- Administer Alcohol and Other Drug testing.
- Report and investigate accidents/incidents, communicating to stakeholders with a view to prevent future accidents/incidents.
- Manage the businesses employee safety requirements and KPIs, ensuring that employees are meeting their obligations.
- Conduct Safety Audits when required.
- Participate in regular OH&S meetings with employees and contractors.
What we require
- Possess formal qualifications in OH&S.
- Thorough understanding of Work Safe requirements.
- Proven experience in a similar role within the mining/quarrying, manufacturing or heavy vehicle industry is essential.
- Further qualifications in workplace training and assessment will be highly regarded.
- Exposure to high risk work places.
- ICAM understanding and exposure.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, positive outlook, hands on approach, analytical approach to tasks.
- Possess an understanding of OH&S legislation.
- Commitment to ensuring a Safety First approach.
- Reliable, resilient, and able to work autonomously as well as be part of a team.
- Experienced in writing SWMS, JSA, SOPs and risk assessments.
- Management of Safety Management Systems. Experience operating HammerTech would be highly regarded.
- Training experience.
What we offer
- Competitive and attractive remuneration salary.
- Mobile phone.
- Training and professional development.
- S-TEST Culture (Safe, Team, Enjoy, Smart, Trust).
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity, then we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter addressing the position requirements by completing the form on this page.
Suitable applicants will be required to provide recent employment references, completion of a pre-employment medical check and psychological testing, drug and alcohol screening, and a National Police Check.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and we respectfully decline contact from Recruitment Agencies.
MQG supports local community groups and is a respected equal opportunity employer with a commitment to best industry practices.